Tuesday 29 November 2011

Day 4- Sunday

I woke up at the end of my sober, man-free weekend hungover and in bed with a guy. Some would say I failed, and I would totally have to agree. I had done the exact opposite of everything I'd set out to do. But I can't say it wasn't fun.

I woke him up before I left for work by repeatedly shoving him, made me feel a little less like a door mat. We then had our usual banter before I made him ring his taxi; he would be relatively nice and I would call him a scouse c*nt and explain that his stupid accent meant I didn't understand a word of what he was saying so I'd rather he was silent. It was all in good humour though, and even though I'd known that inviting him over hadn't been the best idea, I had actually been looking forward to our nonsense chat in the morning. He could give as good as he got, which was a change. Most men retreat into their shells when they wake up the morning after the night before, but not him. Keeping him near me for 'buddy' uses was beginning to seem like a brilliant idea. That was until he text me later that day offering to take me out sometime.

Why is it that when we are single was crave attention off men, and dream of them taking us out and being prepared to commit, and when one actually does we run a mile? I totally freaked. Don't want a relationship. Don't want dinner. Don't want to reply to that text. It was such an over-reaction! My friends talked a little sense into me when I explained that it was all going way too fast and wasn't heading in a direction I wanted to go, "It's only out for tea.". They were right, and it hit me; I didn't want to give up my social life and men, I just wanted to give up meaningless one night stands, so why not just date? Of course this is all roses and rainbows in theory, but in practise? Was this a better approach to my problem?

I hope so, because I've decided to take him up on his offer. Perhaps being treated nice by a guy isn't such a bad thing, so long as I keep my knickers on. With all this in mind, I've decided my next venture will be figuring out whether dating has actually ever worked for me. I have been with a LOT of men for my age, and it isn't something I'm proud of (well, maybe a little) but it's taught me a lot about them and how they work and what works for me. I just need to organised my, umm, knowledge lets say, so I can organise the here and now.

I'm going to tell you about my 27 dresses, and the 27 men that took them off.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just made this blog today to help people get noticed, try it out http://followgetfollowedlikegetliked.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete